Fruit, Nut and Rice Casserole
Before you toss your leftover brown rice, give this awesome offering a chance. Combined with fruit and nuts, it is the perfect side or snack for the family. Plus, it is a great way to steer your kids away from overly processed, pre-packaged foods.
For 0006 Person(s)
- 1 cup(s) dried apricots
- 1 cup(s) dried figs
- 1 cup(s) golden raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans
- 1/2 cup(s) toasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 cup(s) organic brown rice, cooked
- 1 cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) onions
- 1/2 cup(s) green pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- Soak apricots, figs and raisins for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mince the onion and chop the pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the onion and peppers for about 5 minutes.
- Add the raisins, apricots, pecans,almond and cinnamon.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Use cooking spray to grease a baking dish.
- Place mixture in baking dish and heat for 30 minutes.