Tasty Red Curry Beef
This healthy recipe will have you seeing red... as in red curry. Prepared with beef, we've put a healthy twist on traditional Indian cuisine. Enjoy a taste of ethnic flair with this yummy fare.
For 0006 Person(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) red curry paste
- 1 cup(s) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) anchovy paste
- 1 floz water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- 16 ounce(s) lean beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) basil
- Heat oil on high in a large skillet.
- Add the onion, red pepper and green pepper and saute until tender-crisp. About 7 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan add the red curry paste and 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Stir and simmer until sauce begins to bubble.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, soy sauce, anchovy paste, water, garlic, lime juice and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the beef and vegetables and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice.
- Garnish with basil.