Creole Chicken and Broccoli
Talk about some ragin' Cajun. This Creole chicken and broccoli can do no wrong. If you're looking for a way to spice up dinnertime without sending your diet into a tailspin, this recipe fits the bill. Heat things up tonight.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless thin sliced
- 1 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 10 ounce(s) broccoli, chopped
- 3 cup(s) organic brown rice
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet sauté the onion, garlic, celery, green pepper, and broccoli.
- Add tomatoes, chili sauce, basil, cumin and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Add the chicken.
- Simmer covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.