Perfect Potato Stew
Something's stewing! Creamy, homestyle potato stew melts in any mouth but even moreso on a cold, wintery night. Comfort yourself without the guilt.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 2 pound(s) yellow fleshed potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) green onion
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon(s) chives
- 3 Bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook the garlic cloves in vegetable broth, at a simmer, covered for about 15 minutes, then
purée the garlic through a sieve back into its cooking water. Set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet sauté potatoes, onion and parsley in 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Use cooking spray to grease an oven casserole. Add potatoes, bay leaves and pour the garlic stock over the potatoes.
- Dribble the remaining olive oil over the top and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with chives.