Man oh man. As in manicotti. It may not sound like a healthy offering until you prepare it the "lite" way. Enjoy this family favorite without a heaping helping of guilt.
For 0004 Serving(s)
- 5 1/2 ounce(s) Manicotti Pasta
- 16 ounce(s) part skim milk ricotta
- 8 ounce(s) low fat Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil
- 1 dash(es) salt, to taste
- 1 dash(es) fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cup(s) marinara
- Cook manicotti as per box instructions. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine low-fat ricotta, low-fat mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Parmesan, eggs, parsley, oregano, basil and salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour 1/2 cup sauce into an 11x17 inch baking dish.
- Fill each manicotti shell with 3 tablespoons cheese mixture.
- Place stuffed manicotti over sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over top, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.Bake 45 minutes, or until bubbly.