Stuffed Beef Peppers
We've got a dinner that will leave you feeling stuffed. Really. These stuffed peppers hit the spot when you want a meat dish that isn't loaded with fat or calories. This particular dish has a healthy twist.
For 0003 Serving(s)
- 6 large green peppers
- 24 ounce(s) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) onions, chopped
- 2 cup(s) canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) long grain rice
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 dash(es) Fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup(s) low fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cut tops and deseed green peppers; discard seeds and membranes. Make sure to have about a quarter cup in each pepper.
- Cook the cut green peppers bottoms, uncovered in boiling water for about 5 minutes; invert to drain well.
- Sprinkle insides of peppers lightly with salt.
- In a warmed pan, cook ground beef, onion, garlic and 1/4 cup chopped pepper until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off excess fat. Add undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice, water, salt, Worcestershire, Cayenne pepper, crushed red peppers and a dash of pepper.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice are tender.
- Stir in cheese. Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place in a baking dish.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.